Indiscipline is not something which can be controlled by shouting at your child. In order to make sure that your child is disciplined, you need to know how to discipline your child. One of the basic steps which people often resort to is shouting at their children. While shouting might resolve the issue at hand it is not a long term solution to the problem of indiscipline.
Temper tantrums, throwing of things, and talking back are some of the common problems people face when they happen to shout at their children and hit their children frequently. Children who are hit by their parents for every mistake of theirs tend to become stubborn. Over a period of time beating also does not affect them because the parents have already used the last resort before even trying to speak to the children and explain the reason of why a certain behavior is acceptable and why the rest is unacceptable.
It is important that you as parents understand how to discipline your child without having to shout.
· One of the best methods of making sure your child is disciplined in to talk to them on a one-to-one basis and explain the reasons why you expect a specific behavior from them.
· Children are very receptive to conversations which are positive and attached to rewards. It is important that you start the conversation on a positive note and tell them the rewards they would obtain by behaving in a good manner.
· Once you have explained the positive behavioural patterns and the rewards attached to them, you will notice that your child is in a positive mind frame and is focusing on the rewards attached to their positive behaviour.
· After discussing the positives and benefits of good behaviour you need to tell them that there are certain negative aspects of their behaviour which needs to be changed. While mentioning these aspects of your child’s behaviour you need to explain why these behavioural patterns are categorized as “bad behaviour”.
· When the child understands the bad behavioural patterns, then you should make sure you make the child understands that just like the positive behaviour has rewards, the negative behaviour has punishments.
After having this productive conversation you need to keep in mind that you too follow the rules which have been mutually agreed upon. If you see you child behaving well make sure you appreciate him in public and also in the privacy of your home. However if you see your child behaving in a manner which is not acceptable, you have to be patient and take the disciplinary action in the vicinity of your house.
Never scold you reprimand your child in public because whether we realize it or not children too have self-esteem and a reputation among their friends. While scolding them in the vicinity of your home, you need to make sure you make them realize that you did not want to scold them in front of their friends because that would make them look bad, and that is not something you would like. This would strengthen the bond between you and your child and will help you in learning how to discipline your child without having to shouting at him in public or otherwise.